Saturday, December 22, 2012

The New ME!

 This has been a  year of sickness and health. I have evolved from a meat eating, depressed 205 pound woman, to a 165 pound happy vegan! I was very sick early on this year with sever IBS. I did not know I had IBS but after medical testing and eliminating foods the results are in. My total weight loss has been over 50 pounds. But I am maintaing  at weight at 165.

I have now added a exercise routine called Faithful Workouts (http://www.faithfulworkouts.com/) It is Christ based workout and she gives advice about food.

I have gone back to school to the institute for integrative Nutrition. I am learning more about nutrition and health then I ever have. I am learning how to be a health coach. What is a health coach? A health coach is a person that works with clients to inspire them to make healthy changes in their lives.

So one of the biggest things I have learned is to keep a Clean kitchen. Not a kitchen that looks clean. A Clean kitchen is a kitchen that is full of organic foods and is free from processed foods, white flour products, hydrogenated oils, and foods with high fructose corn syrup.

Examples for foods NOT to keep in your Clean kitchen:

Non-organic meats

Non-organic milk and cheeses

GMO Oils- corn, canola, soybean and cottonseed. http://www.csa.com/discoveryguides/gmfood/overview.php

Refined sugars and high fructose corn syrup- mixes, sauces, sodas, candy, cookies, cereals and breads.

Processed grains- white rice, white flour and enriched pastas


My health is important to me and just as your health should be important to you. So go Clean your kitchen.
 
Happy Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment