Saturday, October 6, 2012

Coffee Creamer

Processed foods are terrible for everyone, maybe even more for a person with food allergies and gut problems. I have a problem, I like creamy coffee. I do not like soy or almond milk in my coffee or tea. I am use to that butter fat heavy taste. I started using powdered creamer that has no dairy but I feel this is not a good idea especially with this new VEGAN world I found.

When I was in high school, I had a science project where we had to pick a food and write questions to the company about their ingredients. Well I am not going to write a company but I did look up whats in my creamer and this is what I found:

Sodium Casenate- A milk derivative

Dipotassum Phosphate- Is a type of salt used in dairy products. From WEBMD I found- Phosphate salts can irritate the digestive tract and cause stomach upset, diarrhea, constipation, and other problems. Just What I don't need to help my gut.


Monoand Diglycerides- Is trans-fatty acids  On LIVESTRONG,
prepared foods that commonly contain mono- and diglycerides are some of the least healthy food products on the market, including baked goods, soft drinks, candy, gum, whipped cream, ice cream, margarine and shortening.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/445850-what-is-bad-about-mono-diglycerides/#ixzz28X7tYxIP

Silicon Dioxide- This a a non clumping agent which has been shown in large amounts to cause cancer,and possible dementia.

No wonder I am never feeling any better. Look at that junk in my coffee cup.


Fitting Picture


So now what am I to do. I could stop drinking coffee or find a happy alternative. Anybody have any suggestions?

Happy Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment