Tuesday, October 16, 2012

LightLife Meatless Tacos



This is my new best friend. I know all you anti-processed foodies won't like this. As a single mother, I have to get a break sometimes. This product is very close to ground beef. I can cook it in tacos or meatballs. The best part is my kids are eating. My son cleaned his plate tonight with lettuce.

Tacos
1 pk Smart Ground
1 pk Taco Seasoning (or homemade taco spice)
1/2 cup Water
1/2 head Lettuce, sliced
1 Tomato, diced
1/4 Red Onion, diced
1 cup Grated Cheese
1 can Black Olives, sliced
1 pk Taco Shells

Season your pan with spray oil. Heat. Add Smart Ground. Cook 2 min. Add pk of Taco Seasoning and water. Cook on low till all the water has disappeared. Place meat, olives, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion all in separate bowls. Give each person 2 or 3 warmed Taco Shells. Let your kids build their own Tacos.

My kids feel like they made dinner and eat more vegetables on their own. It's a win win!

Thank you to my friend Amy for giving me coupons for this product!

Happy Eating





No comments:

Post a Comment