Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall Veggies

With the fall season you will see a change in the farmers market foods. Change is good! You will see hearty vegetables. When I say hearty, I mean veggies you can stew, roast and mash. They have great texture and fill you up. I have included what vitamins are in each. If you are like me you worry that your are not getting the right amount since you gave up animal products.

Avocado- Vitamins A, C, E, Potassium, Fiber, Iron




Beets- Vitamin C, Folate, Potassium




Carrots- Vitamin A


Parsnips- Vitamin C, Folate

 
 
 
Pumpkin -Vitamin A, C, Folate
 
 
Sweet Potatoes - Vitamin A, C, B-6, Fiber, Copper, Potassium
 
 
Turnips- Vitamin C
 
 
Winter Squash - Vitamin A, C, Fiber, Folate, Potassium, Thiamin
 
 
 
 
 
 
 All but the avocado are great roasted and grilled. They can all be mashed to serve as a side dish.I will be posting recipies as I cook them.
 
Happy Eating
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Photos from BING


No comments:

Post a Comment