Monday, October 8, 2012

Lightlife Smart Bacon




As you may know I am new to the Vegan world. I have become a Vegan due to major food allergies. I happen to like meat. I just don't like getting sick from it.

Anyway, I tried this "Bacon" product today. I was all excited. I opened the box an noticed it was not a full pound, only 5 oz in the box. Boo. Then I could not get the plastic open. I had to cut it. Once open, I tried to separate the pieces. It crumbled in my hands. I have to say the uncooked product is much like PlayDough. Sounds so good!




Ok, so now I have got the"Bacon" apart and in some type of strip. I set the "Bacon" in the pan as directed on the box and cooked it. It took just a few minutes and it was done.

I liked the fact that it has no grease. The smell was flat and I did not find the taste exciting. As for my reviewers my son (6) did not like it at all. He loves meat and it is hard to get by products past him. My daughter (4), she loves it. She is not very interested in meat and has some food allergies like mom.

I am not planning on buying this product again. I would rather use the money for Tofu or another protein.

Happy Eating

I wrote this review on my own, not for the company Lightlife. I did not get this product at a discount or free.

No comments:

Post a Comment