Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Vegetarian Soup

Not all soups are equal!! I know I need to stay away from processed foods but as I have said before sometimes it is just easier as a single mother.

I was given some Venice Vegetarian Soups. I was happy and excited. So I put them away for a rainy day. Well today was that rainy day with 2 kids home with colds.

I decided I wanted to check the label to see what yummy goodness was in these cans.Well to my surprise there was not much yummy anything. I would say that most of it is on my new Dirty Foods list.

It starts out good with water, peas, carrots and tomato paste but then we are in trouble. Thiamine monontirate, frolic acid, green beans, high fructose corn syrup,potato starch, granulated onion, dehydrated onion, MSG, yeast extract, hydrolyzed corn gluten, soy protein, wheat gluten, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, granulated garlic, citric acid, celery powder and white pepper. Doesn't that sound yummy!!

So I did some checking and this wonderful little company is in business with the king of pasta Chef-Bo-Ar-Dee. Why can't these companies just make healthy foods, instead of chemical ridden foods.

So who wants soup.

Happy Healthy Eating


No comments:

Post a Comment