Thursday, October 4, 2012

Lunch Bots & Toffutti

As you know I am learning how to eat Vegan. My choice is due to MAJOR food allergies. In the process I have lost 33 -35 pounds. I have 9 more to go. But the price tag for food is high and when you are feeding 2 kids it is time to get us all eating the same foods. My kids are not interested in trying new foods so I have to do some fancy mom work.

For my first trick:





My son is anti-eating non dairy products. He would have a cow in our living room if he could. He loves cow milk and cheeses. So he is one tough costumer but I tricked him this morning. I gave he his bagel and cream cheese but with the Toffutti. He ate ever bit no questions asked. Yea! That's round one.


For my next trick:


This is for my picky daughter. Now my son likes school lunch and his animal products. But my daughter likes fresher foods. So this is a great way to give her the favorites but add 1 new item each day or week. I have a list I keep on the fridge on what items I use. I can't remember my name at 7am so I need all the help I can get.

  1. Veggies- Carrots, Celery, Grape Tomatoes. Radishes, Cukes, Olives, Peppers, Pickles, Green Beans.
  2. Fruit- Blueberries, strawberries, Melon, Peaches ,Apple Slices, Grapes, Orange Slices, Mango, Apricots.
  3. Protein- Shrimp, Cheese, Peanut Butter, Sunbutter, Nuts, Seeds, Chick Nuggets, Egg Whites
  4. Starch- Rice, Granola, Crackers, Pasta, Tater Tots, Pretzels, Animal Crackers, Popcorn

Remember my kids are not vegan yet so they still eat animal proteins. You can see this idea. I can interchange with soy products and other veggie products. This little box gives you many options. I can also fit in sandwiches.

Good luck with your kids or husband/ wife

Happy Eating












No comments:

Post a Comment